Human Resources & Professional Learning
Payroll & Benefits
King and Queen County Public Schools
“One Team, One Mission”
To develop and empower exceptional learners.
We engage and empower students to be active participants in their learning.
Core Beliefs and Values
Every student attains their personal best every day in our community of learners. Our students succeed when they set individual, measurable, and attainable goals that promote continuous personal growth. Every KQPS student will achieve success at their own, individual pace with the help of supportive, caring, and inspiring teachers, staff, and mentors.
Our students share their hopes, goals, and dreams with us every day. We strive to listen to and understand these needs so we can best meet their individual learning goals. Our schools are places where caring and committed learners dedicate themselves to making a difference in the life of child. No two learners are alike, so our faculty and staff will have resources, training, and facilities that promote achievement through the unique learning styles of each student.
Every King and Queen County citizen has a stake in supporting student success. Generations of students and their families who have been educated in our schools have become successful, productive citizens. As future generations of our community rely on our schools to lead learning for all, our community’s involvement in and responsibility to our schools will determine their success.
Speaking and listening are essential to strong and successful two-way communication; They are also critical to building deeper understanding. Our school division strives to communicate to our citizens and families with clear, consistent, and timely messages and information allowing them to build strong, successful partnerships with our schools.
Our schools bring together different cultures, experiences, and ideas that make learning richer, deeper, and more meaningful. We openly invite our community into the learning process so that we can better understand viewpoints, practices, and expectations that differ from our own. Respecting other’s perspectives – while not necessarily agreeing with them – strengthens our community and nation as we recognize and understand our commonalities and differences.
Teaching our students is what we do best every day. Classroom activities that engage and connect students to real-world learning experiences are designed and delivered to our students by a caring and committed group of teachers and staff who build personal relationships with our students that make learning meaningful and fun.
GOAL A: TALENT MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
1. Use innovative strategies to recruit and retain teachers and staff that reflect the diversity of our county.
2. Invest in professional development that supports the growth and retention of highly qualified teachers and staff
3. Build a positive climate and learning environment by listening to and learning from employee and student voices
GOAL B: SCHOOL SAFETY, OPERATIONS & FACILITIES
1. Improve efficient and effective operational systems and processes across our facilities to support student learning
2. Upgrade classroom resources that support high-quality instruction and achievement
3. Improve our school resources, facilities, and buildings
GOAL C: COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS & RELATIONS
1. Strengthen partnerships to expand opportunities for student growth, career development, and real-world learning
2. Increase Parent and Community Engagement
3. Improve and Expand Communication with our Community
GOAL D: COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS & RELATIONS
1. Ensure equitable and inclusive access to high-quality learning for all students
2. Increase options for 21st century student learning and real-world experiences
3. Increase our levels of academic, behavioral, social, emotional, and family support for our students
4. Provide teachers and staff with professional learning and resources that increase student achievement