Human Resources: (804) 785-5981
Fax: (804) 785-5686
- Apply online for positions (please be sure you have read the application procedures below before applying)
- Job Postings & Descriptions
Thank you for your interest in employment with King and Queen County Public Schools. To complete an application, please read the information below and follow the steps indicated:
Step 1: Application
To be considered as an applicant, you must provide the following:
- A completed application, which must be done online.
- Unofficial Transcripts (if applicable to the position for which you wish to be considered). Note: Official transcripts will be required at the time of employment.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Required documents may be submitted electronically with the application or may be sent by mail to P.O. Box 97, King and Queen Courthouse, Virginia 23085.
- Completed applications will be kept on file for one year.
King and Queen County Public Schools must obtain three references for each candidate considered for employment. Certified applicants should provide information that includes their most recent principal or cooperating teacher, college supervisor’s names, or other educational references deemed appropriate including current telephone numbers and email addresses. Classified applicants should provide the names of the three most recent employers including the supervisors’ names, current telephone numbers, and email addresses. Failure to provide accurate information will result in a delay in the employment process.
- Please complete the certified application and provide the items listed above.
- In addition to the completed application, unofficial transcripts, and letters of recommendation, please submit a copy of your current in-state or out-of-state license showing an endorsement in Administration & Supervision.
Certified Teaching Positions
- In addition to the completed application, transcripts, and letters of recommendation, please submit a copy of your current in-state or out-of-state teaching license. For certification information, contact the Virginia Department of Education, Division of Teacher Education & Licensure, P.O. Box 2120, Richmond, Virginia 23218-2120. The telephone number is (804) 225-2022 or you may visit them on the Virginia Department of Education website.
Classified (non-teaching) Positions
- Please complete the classified application.
- Please submit three letters of recommendation.
Step 2: Interviews
Once you have completed the application process, your file will be reviewed and considered for employment. A formal screening interview may be scheduled either in person or by telephone. When the review process is completed, your application may be considered for existing vacancies for which you qualify.
Step 3: Appointment
If you are recommended for employment, a representative of the Human Resources Department will contact you to offer the position and arrange a time to complete the necessary paperwork.
Please note: Only a representative of the Human Resources Department is authorized to make offers of employment.
Step 4: Orientation
All employees must attend a new employee orientation session following acceptance of employment. This orientation session will be scheduled by the Human Resources Department.
King & Queen County Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.